Dear Dhamma brothers and sister, we are pleased to announce that YBS India will organize 3 months Novice Monk Ordination and Buddhist Training from 5 July to 4 October 2020 for 25 participants at YBS center, Sankisa, UP. India. We are extremely sorry to not provide this opportunity to more than 25 participants due to pandemic COVID-19.
YBS India appeals for financial support to a holy cause.
For further information please write to us.
Venue-YBS India Center,Sankisa
Dates-25th June to 5th July 2019
Dear Dhamma brothers and sister
greetings from Sankisa
We are pleased to inform you that we starting Monastic Training for Kids for 10 days at our center. We found that there are many programs for adults but very few for school kids. Kids are the future of any nation and community. If kids are more ethical and educated then they can make a big change in society.
It would be great if you can contribute for this holy and noble cause for revival of Buddhism in India.
with best regards
Dear Brothers and Sisters
We are pleased to inform that our two scholars Ven.Dr.Upanad Thero (General Secretary, YBS India) and Mr.Suresh Chandra Bauddha (President, YBS India) are giving a series of Dhamma talks every day in different districts surrounding to the Sankisa.
His Holiness will give a three-day teaching on Śāntideva’s Bodhicaryāvatāra (A Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life). The teaching will be organized at YBS’s campus.
Date(s): 03 – 05 December 2018
Venue-YBS India Center, Sankisa, Mainpuri, Uttar Pradesh, India
We do not apply online seat booking system due to thousand of audience come from rural area. Even there are few participants from nearby area too. You may register at YBS campus on your arrival.
Registration for Non Indian Participants:
Please Fill out this FORM (google account is needed to upload files)
Document Needed for non Indian participants:
1. One copy of Passport along with valid VISA Page.
2. Two passport size clear background photographs.
Document Needed for Indian Participants:
1. One copy of addhar card (or copy of voter card).
2. Two passport size clear background photographs.
(Note: Original Passport and other documents should be kept with you at any time in the campus)
How To Reach Us?
If you from outside of India, you can fly to New Delhi International Airport then continue to fly to Lucknow (Luknow Airport). Lucknow is the capital city of Uttar Pradesh. There are regular flights from Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai. There are some of International flights are connecting to the airport.
You can book train ticket using IRCTC. From Old Delhi Railway Station (DEL) to Mainpuri (MNQ) or Bhongaon (BGQ).
From Mainpuri or Bhongaon take a TAXI to YBS Center Sankissa (Jasarajpur, Uttar Pradesh 205262, India).
Other nearest Railway station is Etawah (ETW). It is 83Km from Sankisa. Many trains having stoppage at Etawah Railway Station. This is main train rout connecting with Delhi to North East India.
Sankisa is connected to the major cities of the state by good motorable roads. Sankisa is 300Km from Delhi and 220 Km from Lucknow. 150 Km from Agra and 165 Km from Kanpur Railway Station. There is good road connectivity from major cities.
Where to stay?
Staying In Sankisa
Staying can be most enjoyed at Sankisa. There are many guest houses which are operating by Buddhist monasteries. Accommodation can be get available in normal day at any time if rooms available.
Staying In Hotel
There are many normal Hotels in nearby cities. Mainpuri (30Km) and Farukhabad (45Km) the most nearest Cities. Both Cities are situated in opposite direction from YBS Centre, Sankisa.
During the Event, there will be too hectic for accommodation, so you need to ask and get confirmed with organizing committee in advance. For booking accommodation please use the contact information below.
Our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the button below to talk to us via Whatsapp application
The printed booklet of the teaching material only available in Hindi. If you want a copy of the text, you can download from here (Right Click, choose save link as..)
His Holiness primarily teaches in Tibetan. The teaching will be translated into Hindi and English. Other languages are still in confirmation. Please bring along with you a FM channel radio to listen to the translation.
All electronic gadgets such as smartphone, tab, etc are not allowed inside the teaching area except FM Radio.
We do not receive any entry fee for the H.H. the Dalai Lama’s teaching program. Absolutely this event will cost a very big amount of money for arranging Lights, audio system, screening, Accommodation, food, Pandal etc.
All the above make possible by your support. Donation desk will be setup at the campus and also can be make donation by online banking.
Name : Youth Buddhist Society of India (YBS)
Bank : Bank Of Baroda
Branch Name : Mainpuri, Station Road
A/C No. : 10370100010882
IFSC Code : BARB0MAINPU
MICR : 205012005
Suresh Chandra Bauddha, The President of the Youth Buddhist Society (YBS), is the founder of The Youth Buddhist Society through the great inspiration of his late father.
He is such a simple and humble person who has a simple aim of life that is “Create peace in the world through Buddhist ideology“.
His hobby is “Providing help to needy people“, able to speak Hindi and Korean fluently, and a moderate level of English.
Ven. Dr. Upanad Thero, The secretary of YBS. He ordained in the year 1991 in Shravasti (where Buddha spent his 25 rainy seasons) by Venerable Pragyanand Maha Thero in Srilankan Theravada tradition.
He had been to Britain twice, for the purpose of giving Dharma teaching.
He has been working with the Youth Buddhist Society as a Dharma resource person for many years. He is humble, humorous, and energetic, eager to learn new things, open in the sense of Dharma, culture, and technology.
Nyanabhadra, originally from Indonesia, previously was a Computer Engineer, being left his job and pursue Buddhism study and Tibetan language at Library of Tibetan Work & Archives, later study in Institute of Thosamling and two years at College for Higher Tibetan Studies, Sarah.
He has been helping to develop and design the website for many years, now he is residing at Upper Hamlet – Plum Village in France with the well known Zen Master, Thich Nhat Nhan.
Jo Hyejin is from South Korea, staying in Seoul. Joyful and full of the wonderful idea to better visual information. Currently, she is a freelancer TV program director, she is spending her time to contribute to YBS video and photographer. She is very experienced in this work. She studied English in Australia. She has many years of experience working on TV programs, mostly documentary program.
quite a long time. Before he was pursuing Buddhism Philosophy and Tibetan Language at the College for Higher Tibetan Study.
Now he is continuing Abhidharma Philosophy (Joed), equivalent to an MPhil at Institute of Buddhist Dialectic, McLeod Ganj, Dharamshala. Now he is a Hindi Translator of His Holiness the Dalai Lama. He also does translations of Tibetan to Hindi and English to Hindi books.
Uttam Bauddha is the manager of Party Park India School. He has been working since 1997. He acquired many experiences in community building from several organizations, that is why he has been organizing work camps and peace marches, and many other activities. All work camps and peace marches happened credited to him. He also attained some work camps in other countries.
Amod Bauddha is an active member of Bihar State. Under him, the Youth Buddhist Society doing work in Bihar state. He has been working for YBS since 1998. He has quite a good skills to arrange programs and good skill to communicate with peoples.
Praveen Bauddha is a smart and diligent boy, one who can speak also English, acquired many experiences in YBS, and being sent to Cambodia for almost one-year of training, later helping Deer park to develop several projects.
Rakesh Bauddha has been working for the Youth Buddhist Society technical group since 2002.
He is the director of Tathagat Institute of Information Technology (TIIT) private limited and Maitreya Producer Company Ltd. The main aim of this group is to spread technical education from village to village and make self-depend to youths and farmers.
Teerath Bauddha, who is from Bandipur Kanauj, Teerath is an upright and responsible person. Teerath has been with Youth Buddhist society since 2004. His specialty is to help to organize the Dharma talk.
P.M. Bauddha is from Jaipur, Rajasthan. He is working since 2008. He is a civil engineer and a government employee. He has a big group there in Rajasthan. He has a good capacity to arrange Dhamma talk and make group anywhere.
Badan Singh Bauddha is from Etawah, Uttar Pradesh. He is working with YBS India for a long time. He is statue architecture. He is very active to promote Buddhism in Etawah and other districts of Uttar Pradesh.
Nitin Shakya is very extraordinary and expert in translation for medical doctors. He is helping YBS clinic since 2008 with a selflessness attitude. He also studied Abhidhamma in Thailand in the year 2016.
Pooja Shakya she is YBS clinic manager since 2013. Before the clinic manager, she worked for YBS in various fields since 2008. She organizes medical camps in different districts and villages. She gained a GNM degree from Bhopal University.
Gaurav Bauddha is working with us since 2012. He is supporting us in various activities at the center.
Pravin Kumar is working since 2014. He is the youngest volunteer in our organization. He has various skills. Nowadays he is a cameraman and electrician.
Kailash Kumar Bauddha is working in the YBS clinic since 2014 as an expert in Physical Therapy. He accumulates Bsc. in the year 2017. Now he is studying for BPT (Bachelor of Physical Therapist).
Sandhya Bauddha is an expert in health education in the YBS clinic since 2015. After doing her Bsc. she is working with us as a dentist.
Dr.Manoj Mitra is a very experienced and qualified doctor in the YBS clinic. He is working since 2016. He is very sincere about his work and helping patients in different villages too. He is an expert in Pain treatment, Asthma, Hypertension, Diabetes, and dermal diseases.
Bipin Shakya is working in the clinic since 2016. Before working as a pharmacist he worked in health education. He is a very humble and honest volunteer in our team. He is continuing his Diploma in Pharmacy.
Dr.Kanti Pal is working with us since 2018. She completed her Bsc. in the year 2011. She gained her B.A.M.S Degree in 2013 from Dr.B.C.Roy Complimentary Memorial Medicine Research Center, Kolkata.
Anil Kumar Shakya is from District Badaun, Uttar Pradesh. He has been working with YBS India since the year 2015. Very active in promoting Buddhism in his area.
Ashok Kumar Shakya is a young and dynamic volunteer. He belongs to Badaun District of Uttar Pradesh and pursuing his study at University. He is working as a volunteer since the year 2015.
Rajendra Singh Shakya is working with YBS India since 1995. He serves in many fields of YBS India. Now he is working as treasurer of YBS Etawah District, Uttar Pradesh. His profession is audio and visual.
YBS India [Youth Buddhist Society India] is a volunteer, governmental,non-sectarian, non-profit, non-political people’s development movement based on Engaged Buddhism established in the year 1986 in Sankisa by Mr.Suresh Chandra Bauddha in Uttar Pradesh, India. YBS has brought grass root initiative, involvement, and development of mind among thousands of villagers and the human race in India.
Logo & Meaning
‘Candle stand’ in the middle means the foundation of Dhamma, Three candles represent The Three Jewels [Buddha, Dhamma, and Sangha. with the help of The Three Jewels to turn the Dhamma Wheel [Dhammachakra] produce light to the candles.
History in a glance
The reason to established YBS India in the year 1986, because Buddha said, there is Dukkha (Suffering) and we can remove those suffering by removing the causes in order to attain happiness. Therefore, YBS is not working only to promote Buddhism but also work for social problems such as education, poverty, environment, economics, self-sustainability, and health-related education, etc.
- In the year 1990, Mr. Suresh Bauddha completed his graduation from Agra University, and during his studies, he worked for society, the Shakya community, and Buddhist culture because it was his dream. During the study period, he read a book named “Why I Became Bauddha” written By Dr.B.R. Ambedkar. This book made his dream strong.
- He met Ven. G. Pragyananda Mahathero at Resaldar Park Buddha Vihar Lucknow in 1990 and discussed regarding revival of Buddhism in India. Ven. G. Pragyananda promised to him that it would be great if you bring teen ager students and I will teach them as novice monks. Also, Ven. G. Pragyananda Ji suggested to him to go to Nalanda university for Buddhist study.
- In the year 1991, Mr. Suresh Chandra sent his younger brother Mr. Uttam Bauddha ( 9 years old ) and his Nephew Ven. Dr.Upanad Thero (10 Years old ) to Shrawasti Under the guidance of Ven.G.Pragyanand MahaThero. It was the beginning of a historical movement towards the revival of Buddhism.
- In the year 1993, Mr. Suresh Chandra met Ven. Pomnyun Sunim from South Korea at Vaishali and both became good friends and Sunim promised to do work together for Buddhism in India. During his study in Nalanda, Mr. Suresh Chandra opens a school named Sujata Academy under the Dhongeswry hill near Bodh Gaya with the support of Korean monks.
- In the year 1994, he completed his Master’s Degree in Buddhism from New Nalanda University Bihar state. During his study, he met many monks, Buddhist scholars. The year 1994 was very good for him and on another hand, this year was very bad for him because he lost his father on December 16th.
- In the year 1997, he met Mr. A.T. Arya Ratne the president of Sarvodaya Shramdana Society, Srilanka. This was his first visit abroad to participate in a Buddhist activity. Mr. Suresh Chandra learns a lot within very few days and came back. The president of Sarvodaya Srilanka sent 2 trained volunteers to Bodhgaya to give training to the teachers.
- In the year 1998, he visited South Korea with Ven. G., Pragyananda Ji, at the invitation of Ven. Pomnyun Sunim the president of Jongto society.
- In the year 1999, there was a heavy super cyclone in Orissa state. He went there with his 70 YBS youth volunteers to help and relieve people.
- In January 2000 went to Korea to study with the support of Ven. Pomnyun Sunim. Where he learned Dhamma, education, meditation, youth movement, etc.
- In the year 2002, Mr. Suresh Chandra returns back to India and started an education program for the Sankisa people. He built many schools and computer awareness program for village students. Invited monks and nuns for dhamma talk in the community.
- In the year 2003, he started Buddhist pilgrim for fundraising because many volunteers needed resources for works. Built 3 schools Mahamaya Academy Bhongoan, Sahid Visheswar Singh Inter Collage Baraipur, Gautam Buddha Public School Eta) 2 vihara at village Manikpur and Navigunj with the help OF Buddhist solidarity for reform of South Korea.
- In the year 2004, Mr. Suresh Chandra published few Hindi books for students and Buddhists. Buddhism for students, Buddhist rituals, etc.
- In the year 2005, Mr. Suresh met Tibetan Prime Minister Ven. Prof.Samdhong Rinpoche with the help of Mr. Prashant Verma, the director of Deer park institute Bir and after that met with HH The Dalai Lama Ji at Dharamshala. it was the turning point of Mr. Suresh’s life and YBS. He selected as a member of INEB South Asia. From the year 2005 to 2011 made an annual plan for a universal peace march in India and started from Sankisa to Sarnath in the year 2005 with 7 countries students from a different religious background.
- In the year 2006, INEB invited 3 volunteers from YBS to Thailand for 45 days Bodhisattva training course. In the same year organize Universal Peace March from Sarnath to Bodhgaya with 8 countries youths.
- In the year 2007 organize Universal Peace March from Bodhgaya to Kushinagar with 11 countries students.
- 2008 October invited great meditation, master Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh at Sankisa. Organized 5 days meditation camp for 10000 local people. organize Universal Peace March from Kushinagar to Lumbini, Nepal. Bought Land for YBS school at Sankisa.
- In the year 2009 started school construction was inaugurated by Prof.Samdhong Rinpoche at Sankisa. Organize a Universal peace march from Lumbini to Shravasti with 13 countries’ youths.
- In the year 2010, the opening of the YBS school building at Sankisa. Donated 8 Buddha statues to YBS village Vihara.
- In the year 2011 YBS India became a partner in the annual meeting of INEB at Bodhgaya. Organized Universal peace march from Jaipur to Jaisalmer in Rajasthan.
- In the year 2012 attend INEB conference in Sri Lanka. Built 3 Buddha vihar in different villages with the help of village people. Meeting with Mr. TC from the USA regarding medical service in India.
- In the year 2013 attend the INEB conference in Malaysia with other members. Started construction of Ashoka pillar. Meeting with HH the Dalai Lama Ji regarding his teaching at Sankisa. Charitable Clinic started at Sankisa.
- In the year 2014 started the preparation for HH the Dalai Lama Ji teaching in Sankisa. 10 youth visited Thailand for two months for the monk training.
- In the year 2015 HH the Dalai Lama Ji gave 3 days of teaching at Sankisa on Dhammapada. His holiness also inaugurated the Ashoka pillar.
- In the year 2016, the construction of the Abhidhamma hall started. Started animal husbandry school and organic agriculture schools for farmers and training center for them.
- In the year 2017, on the second-floor dormitory room construction started. Construction of Abhidhamma vihara.
- In the year 2018, His Holiness the Dalai Lama Ji visited Sankisa for the teaching on Bodhicharyavatar for 3 days to approx 80000 peoples. Inauguration Of YBS clinic and new Abhidhamma Vihara.
- In the year 2019 started shorter novice monk training at Sankisa. Started Dr. Ambedkar Eductaion Festival.
- In the year 2020 during the covid -19 pandemic help needy people.3 months residential novice monk training at YBS campus.Foundation of Bodhisattva center.
Date-18-22nd June 2017
Conducted in Hindi
Subject-:Eight Verses of Mind Training by Geshe Langri Tangpa
Led by Ven. Choegon Rinpoche, Ajeer Vidya and Raji Ramanan